PENNSYLVANIA SCHOOL IMMUNIZATIONS REQUIREMENTS:
Children in ALL grades (K-12):
4 doses of tetanus*
4 doses of diphtheria*
3 doses of polio
2 doses of measles*
2 doses of mumps*
1 dose of rubella**
3 doses of hepatitis B
2 doses of varicella (chicken pox)
7th grade additional:
1 dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine
1 dose of tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis(Tdap)
* usually given as DTaP or DT or Td
** usually given as MMR
Bureau of Community Health Systems
Division of School Health
Room 628, Health & Welfare Building
625 Forster Street
Harrisburg, PA 17120
Every child of school age attending or who should be attending a public or non-public school is entitled to the following services provided by the local public school district. The local school district is reimbursed by the Pennsylvania Department of Health for mandated services provided to the children in public and non-public schools.
Click Here to view the Mandated School Health Services
Athletic physicals must be completed on or after June 1 for a student to be eligible for participation in athletics for the following school year.
Athletic physicals will be offered at Lincoln High School Health Office this summer-dates to be announced. The cost is $10.00 (make checks payable to ECASD). Please bring a completed CIPPE form and payment to the Lincoln Health Office for an appointment.
Tips for staying healthy at school:
1. Wash hands frequently with soap and water. Wash for 15-20 seconds.
2. Cover coughs with tissues or face into your sleeve/elbow when you cough.
3. Wash cuts/scratches with soap and water, keep clean and dry with a bandaid.
4. Avoid contact with blood and body fluids. Always wash hands with soap and water if you come in contact with blood or body fluids.
5. Avoid sharing items such as a hat, water bottles, ect.
6. Clean hard surfaces frequently.
7. See you healthcare provider if symptoms of illness or infection persist.
8. Refer student/athlete to a healthcare provider, athletic trainer or school nurse if a skin infection is suspected.
9. Encourage students to stay home if they feel ill or have a fever.