We are focusing on CREATING A HEALTHIER TOMORROW
The Ellwood City Area School District Wellness Committee is dedicated to establishing and maintaining an environment that promotes overall student and staff wellness by supporting the adoption of attitudes that contribute to positive well-being and providing information, activities and services designed to support healthy lifestyle choices.
The Wellness Committee envisions a culture of well-being that encourages growth and vitality by working collaboratively with parents, school staff, and community resources to educate, encourage healthy choices and implement initiatives.
- To increase physical activity participation in the Ellwood City Area School District
- Educate parents and guardians on the relationship between student health and academic performance.
- Address the need for consistent health messages between the home and school environment.
- To increase fitness levels within the Ellwood City Area School District and the relation to a healthier lifestyle.
- Educate students, staff, and families on knowledge application and behavior self management skills to areas of nutrition and physical activity for healthy growth, development and maintenance.